Thursday, April 30, 2009

Blessings....

Well, what do ya know?! I had a 'talk' with God the other day. I basically said that I know in my heart he wants us to take a break but it's going to be really hard on me, etc. I told him that we were going to follow His plan though and we'll start TTC again in August. I'm even going to hold off on my Femara this month. Well.....he has blessed us greatly since then!!

A.) My husband works as a biomedical technician (fixing machines in OR rooms) and makes commission on sales. Well, we've been praying a really huge contract goes through because the extra $$ would be great! We could get Jeff's truck in June instead of August. This also means we can start paying off my car in June instead of starting in August. Well Jeff got a call on Tuesday night and they are signing the contract!! Woot Woot!!

B.) I really wanted to refinance but called a couple months ago and we couldn't do it-closing costs were going to be around $2,500 out of pocket. Got a call from our mortgage guy last night and they offering to refinance us to 5% interest (we had 6.3%) and our closing costs will only be $1,500!!! YAH!!!!!! Plus, we'll get $1,500 back because that was sitting in escrow. So basically we're refinancing for free. Oh-and biggest part is our mortgage payment is going down $110 a month!

C.) We're refinishing our basement and we have the money saved to finish it all but we'll have to spend a couple months saving for carpeting, once its done. Well, turns out we won't have to make a mortgage payment in June because we're refinancing so that money will go into savings for the carpet!!

So, thank you Lord for all the blessings!! Your plan is better :-) I'll admit that. I'm very thankful for all of this because it means when we'll be so much more stable in a year from now and have alot of our big purchases out of the way! Ok...enough bragging..sorry...

2 comments:

  1. Jess,

    I'm very glad that all of those situations are working out so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,

    I've nominated you for the Sisterhood Award! Please check out my blog for the details. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete