Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I don't know if any of you get the Daily Double Portion from Sarah's Laughter but today's really touched my heart. Here it is.......


The young man was in love with his beau...
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.Psalm 139:16


After a long day, my husband and I decided to relax and watch a movie. We pulled up the Pay Per View menu offered by our cable company and began to read the synopses of romantic comedies. One by one, we read the brief introduction to selected movies and passed on each one. One finally caught my eye, but not for the reasons you might expect! The final line of the synopsis was what did it! It read like this:
“The young man was in love with his beau...”
I have to admit, I was a little confused! I thought I had seen this movie before! I don’t remember a young man being in love with another man! It was a sweet comedy about a heterosexual couple falling in love! What was this all about?
Then it hit me! I couldn’t see the end of the synopsis! There wasn’t enough room on the screen to write out the whole story! When we clicked on the “continue” button, the whole story changed!
“The young man was in love with his beautiful bride...”
I started laughing so hard that my husband must have thought I’d lost my mind! When I saw the rest of the description of the movie, my understanding of the movie changed! Only a few more letters took their place on the screen and everything made sense.
You’ll never guess what it reminded me of!
Do you realize that the story of your life has not been totally revealed to you yet? All you see right now is that you don’t have a baby. Remember, you cannot see the entire description yet! There’s simply not enough room in your heart and mind to contain all that the Father has planned for you.
What if the synopsis of your life was displayed for you like the description of my movie?
She will not have a baby...
Perhaps the continued synopsis reads more like this:
She will not have a baby...as easily as she thought she would, but eventually the baby will come.
She will not have a baby...until God’s perfect timing plays out.
Or maybe your story is more like this:
She kept waiting and waiting and waiting...as God revealed His plan to her step by step.
She felt like her heart would burst into a million pieces...from the explosion of joy God gave at the birth of her first child.
She never had a true, intimate relationship with God...like the one brought about through her struggle with infertility.
Who knows? God knows. You cannot know the entirety of God’s beautiful plan for your life. He’s known every day of your life since before time began. If you are struggling with what God wants for this season of your life, remember, you cannot see the full synopsis. Trust Him to write out your life as He sees fit. He knows what’s coming next, and He knows just how much to reveal to you right now.
Only a few revelations can altar your understanding. One day, as God reveals His plan to you in His perfect timing, the story of your life will make sense. Perhaps your life will be a beautiful story for other hurting women to watch and learn from!
Don’t forget to watch the credits! “The Story of Your Life”--written by God!
(c) 2009 Sarah’s Laughter-Christian Support for Infertility & Child Loss

1 comment:

  1. Jess,

    This one really touched my heart as well. Thanks so much for letting us know about Sarah's Laughter-Christian Support group, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete