Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Have I lost my mind?

Yes, probably. I need to put some thoughts down on 'paper' before they go crazy in my brain. As some of you know, through our journey of IF I've always thought about adoption. The costs, time and unknown have scared me but something always brings me back. I often google, research and read posts about adoption. Lately, something has really been pulling at my heart. There's a type of adoption out there where you foster a child with intentions to adopt. (A blogger, Erin and her husband, are doing this). I origionally met Erin on the Nest and have been following her journey for awhile. Reading her posts have given me some insight to the experience they are going through. However, it's just not that. I can't stop thinking about the children who are in homes, hospitals, etc with no mommies, daddies, loving homes, etc. I know this is a huge process and will be a challenge if Jeff and I decide to do this, but it's something I've been thinking about for awhile. I talked with Jeff last night about it, he still wants a biological child, but agreed to do 3 IUI's and then have a serous talk about adoption. The process would be shorter and cost would be so much less, but stress would be more. We would be able to chose the age of the child (somewhat) and it's a possibity to adopt siblings. I guess I'm so confused as to why this has been on my mind for awhile, where did this come from? I always said I wanted to carry a child, feel him/her kick inside me, give birth, etc. But something is pulling at my heart and I can't get it out of my mind. I'm sure I'll be posting more with thoughts and questions about this. Around Christmas/New Year we'll be discussing it more if the IUI's don't work (for some reason I feel like they won't-but maybe that's me not letting myself get excited). Hm...just prayers that God will guide both our hearts on this decision. I'm sure my thoughts are a little premature but I needed to get something down on 'paper'.

4 comments:

  1. Adoption is so beautiful and I honestly think in a way God puts it in the hearts of all Christians...rather as something to pray for or something to actually take action on and do! Keep praying about it girl and the Lord will guide you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you've gone crazy at all. Sometimes getting things out of your head really helps it all make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think adoption would be a great idea! Maybe the Lord is leading you to adoption since you've been thinking so much about it. Sometimes I think that's his way of talking to us, bringing up the subject in our hearts. Please keep me posted on what you and Jeff decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adoption blessed me X2, (step-Parent adoption)we are still trying to have our own and have not given up hope. Everything always comes together. Patience is teh hardest part for me :)

    ReplyDelete