Tuesday, September 22, 2009

We have a bun!!!!!!!!!!!! Yup, just one!!!!!!

Wow...what a crazy couple of days! Sunday I was having some tight pains in my ovaries, it only lasted a few seconds but kind of worried me. I hardly have any pregnancy symptoms so that worried me also. Monday morning brought on a terrible migraine which was not fun. I finally gave in and called Dr. Mintzer's office, well there wasn't much they could do for me. Dr. M wants me to see a neurologist to pin point why I'm having the migraines and he prescribed Vicodin. Jeff went to pick it up and the pharmacist told him that I shouldn't take it that early in pregnancy. So, I suffered through the day. Today I was feeling better and Jeff had done tons of research on prengnacy, cramps, migraines, etc. all was looking good but we were still worried something was wrong. I ended up calling Dr.M's office again to see if I could get in for an early ultrasound. I won't even begin to explain the b*tchy lady, Bonnie, who attempted to help me. She was EVIL! But I finally got an appointment scheduled for 1:30 on Wednesday, but she kept telling me to call Dr. Cooper (RE). Well, after talking to Jeff I called Dr. C's office and low and behold they said I could come right in! They are the BEST people in the world. I had an ultrasound at 1:30 today and got to see my beautiful baby!! Yes, just one! That's ok though...I was kind of afraid of twins and getting huge :-) hehe. The baby measured about 6w2d, where I should be 5w6d so that's good. There was a tiny flickering heartbeat but the u/s wand was too big to pick up the exact bpm. Next Monday I have another ultrasound and we should be able to see/hear the hb and measure the bpm. It was awesome. Jeff is so relieved and Dr.C was soo super nice. He said the Vicodin was ok to take sparingly. So..all is well. I can't wait for Monday just to see him/her again and know everythings ok. THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh..and you guys can start guessing on a boy or girl. Mom says girl, with lots of hair, looks like me, and is a 'bigger' baby. HAHA!! Feel free to leave your guesses ;-)

YAH TO BEAUTIFUL BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the pics..you can't see much. The bubble inside the gestational sac (large black dot) is the yolk sac, then you can see the little grain of rice beneath the yolk sac. Oh..and what's the huge black hole? Yeah..I have 2 huge cysts on my left ovary which has been causing me some pain but they shouldn't be a problem and should go away on their own :-)







2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Jess!!! I'm so glad and happy that your ultrasound went well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, that is amazing!! I hope your headaches go away soon.

    ReplyDelete