Monday, June 29, 2009

Moving On.

They are sticking that, where?!

I'm going to go ahead and call this cycle a huge bust. My ultrasound showed one extra large follicle (measuring 29mm) but I'm thinking it was a cyst. We did the trigger shot on Thursday night and I should have ovulated on Saturday, but according to my temps I don't think I did. I know the Ovidrel cause some crazy temperatures, but mine are still around my baseline. I have a p4 check on Friday which will give us some more answers, but I'm going with my gut.


I had talked to Dr.C's nurse and she suggested we continue on the Femara and do interuterine artificial insemination (IUI). However, after this month of only having one follicle we've decided to move onto injectables. I'm excited and nervous. Excited because this means we're one step closing to getting pregnant and nervous for a million reason. What if this doesn't work? How are we going to afford $1,500 a month for 3-4 months if the first few don't work? How are we going to afford IVF or adoption if the IUI doesn't work? What if I overstimulate and we have to convert to IVF? So many questions, but it's out of our hands and in God's. I've been praying alot and just trying to let it go, let him guide our hearts and our bodies through this struggle.


Anyway, Dr. C is supposed to call me this morning and let me know which meds I'll be taking so we can check with insurance and see how much that will cost us. We have a class on July 21st to learn how to properly inject myself with the new meds, I guess it's not as easy as my trigger shots! I've been warned about bruising like this:

Ah, the things we do for a baby! I think we'll start the IUI procedure in August/September. I would love to wait until after we get home from San Diego so I can truly enjoy our vacation but we'll see how impatient I am (and more so, how impatient Jeff is!!) More updates later this week...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jess, I know how you feel. Infertility is hard enough to deal with and then on top of it all, finances are a huge concern. I'm praying for you and I'm hoping and praying that you get your BFP soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some scary looking needles, but I hope they do the trick :-)

    ReplyDelete