Thursday, August 20, 2009

CD 8

Oh…what a day! Things are going so well, it’s exciting! But, first let me tell you how I have the most amazing husband in the world….

Last night I had a bad migraine but with my jewelry party going on tonight I really needed to deep clean the house. Jeff helped out with laundry, vacuuming (he says it’s like mowing, so he can do that-ha), and dishes. After we were finished my head hurt so bad I felt sick. I buried my head in Jeff’s lap and watched the Octomom special. (By the way-she’s an idiot and seems very immature) Anyway…10pm rolls around when we need to do my injections and I was fast asleep with my little Kinsi. I vaguely remember Jeff telling me it was time for my meds but my head hurt so bad I couldn’t even think straight. So, Jeff rolled me over, stuck the needle in my stomach, and rolled me back so I could fall back asleep. I only sort of remember this, but we talked about it in the morning. He is the greatest; I would have totally missed my injection if it wasn’t for him. He’s the best J

Anyway, back to this morning….I picked up Jeff from work at 8:10 and we headed to MIF. My arm is pretty bruised up from all the blood work I’ve been doing so they had to use another tiny vain, which bruised instantly-hope they heal by Saturday or we’ll be in trouble ;-) We had a new nurse, who I didn’t like as well. She was nice and all, but I always felt dumb asking questions-like I should know everything already. Even when I asked for copies of the ultrasound pics, so I could show all you guys on my blog, she thought that was very weird. Oh well…got pics to show anyway! The ultrasound showed my uterine lining was nice and thick and my follicles were defiantly growing! I should have between 3-5 mature follicles (mature meaning 18-20mm) when we trigger (so they will release) and then do the IUI (where the place Jeff’s sperm in me). Right now my right side has about 5 follicles ranging from 10-14mm. My left side has about 6 ranging in size from 10-12 mm. This is all good and dandy, but if all of these continue to mature we will need to convert to IVF. Basically that means instead of me triggering, ovulating, and inseminating me with sperm, they will take my eggs out and fertilize them with his sperm. Once the egg is fertilized and they start to grow they will then be placed into my uterus. Like my mom, your probably wondering why we didn’t just go straight to IVF. For a couple reasons…a.) IUI is much cheaper than IVF b.) IUI is much less intrusive and an easier procedure b.) Usually you try IUI before IVF. Now, although IUI has a 25% chance of success and IVF has a 50% chance of success, we still decided to do an IUI. Now that we’ve gotten to this point though I’m fine with converting. We’ve gotten this far, why now pay the extra cash, do the extra steps and increase our chances of conceiving? We’ll see what the nurse says on Saturday. We have an appointment at 9:10 and we’ll be able to (hopefully) decide on when I’m triggering or if we need to convert. More updates then!

Below is a picture of my right and left ovaries, with my follicles. The big dark circles are the follicle sacs. You can see they are much bigger than my ultrasound before!
Update: Estrogen level was at 299

1 comment:

  1. Jess,
    Congratulations on everything going so well! I'm praying for a BFP for you!

    ReplyDelete