Sunday, August 23, 2009

Waiting for the call...

To see if we will be converting to IVF. Wow, what a morning!

I set my alarm for 8:15, so I could get up, throw on some clothes and brush my hair and teeth and run out the door to my appointment at 8:50. Well, at 8:30 Jeff says; Aren't we supposed to be leaving right now? Ah!! I was still in bed cuddling with my sweet little kitty. Crap! So I got up, threw on clothes, a hat and used mouth wash in the car. We made it there right on time!

Holley, the lab nurse drew my blood again. Luckily, it came easy and I didn't even bruise! Then came the ultrasound. Right away I knew that my follies had grown quite a bit; they were huge! While Cheryl was measuring she asked if this was our first round of Follistim. I knew this meant she was suprised at how much my follicles had grown. We talked about how on Femara I never had good follies, just one huge, overmature one. We also discussed how much my Follicles had grown over night, even with the decreased dose of Follistim. I had one large follicle on my right side, measuring 15mm. Then about 4-6 measuring 12-14mm. My left side had more, bigger ones. I think these are the measurements...one at 18, one at 16, 2 or 3 at 15, plus many more measuring 12-14mm. Now, to go ahead with an IUI we need 3-5 mature follicles measuring 15-20. However, usually they see one or two mature ones with a few smaller ones (12-14mm). I told Cheryl we were ok with converting to IVF, and would much rather do that than cancel the cycle and have all our time and money wasted.

Currently, we are waiting from a call from Cheryl. We are waiting to see how much my Estrogen level jumped, if it didn't increase too much than that means not all the follicles are holding eggs and we'll go ahead with an IUI and plan on multiples.

Or, we'll convert to IVF. Which means more drugs today, egg retrevial on Wednesday and transfer on Monday the 31st. Holy, freakin cow. I've gotten to the point where I don't care what I need to go through, I wanna be a mommy. I want to have my own children, to carry them, to love them, to watch them grown, to hear them call us mommy and daddy. Prayers are always welcome. We're nervous and excited. I'll update once I hear from Cheryl!!!!!!!!!


Here's a description of IUI and IVF...for chose who don't know what I'm tallking about ;-)

http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/insemination-procedures-for-infertility


http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/in-vitro-fertilization

No comments:

Post a Comment