Saturday, August 22, 2009

CD8

Today we had another ultrasound and bloodwork. Jeff came along and then we had breakfast at I-Hop...yum!!! Anyway, the nurse had to stick me twice for the bloodwork. I have some bad bruising on my right arm so the nurse tried my left, and she couldn't even get blood out! So, we went back to the right and now I have two more bruises on my arms. The ultrasound went well...but no pics :-( I had about 4-6 follicles on my right side ranging in size from 10-14. The left side showed 6-8 follicles ranging from 10-14, then one size 15.5. They wanted me to continue with another 75mg of follistim and ultrasound Monday, then IUI on Wednesday.

Well, I had a missed call when we got home. Cheryl had talked to Dr.Cooper and he wants me to do a injection of 37.5units and come back from an ultrasound on Sunday morning. They don't want all my follicles to grow too much, just the one to grow to about 17mm. If the biggest follicle is 17mm we will do an IUI on Tuesday, if not we'll talk about what to do tomorrow. The biggest concern was that my Estrogen raised from 299 to 8?? (I think it was 897, but can't be sure). With it raising over 500 units in just 2 days, they are worried too many follicles are maturing and we'll have to convert to IVF. I'll update after the appointment tomorrow. Tonight we are watching my friends little boy, Avery, so I need to go play!

1 comment:

  1. Jess, This is so exciting - everything is going well! Here's a tip for you for blood work, I bruise easily myself. Ask them if they would please use the butterfly needle, it is the smallest needle possible and the least likely to cause a bruise. Also, make sure to drink plenty of water before they draw blood, it helps the blood to flow much more easily. I usually take one bottled water with me and drink it in the waiting room right before my blood test. I hope these tips help!

    ReplyDelete